Alice was Interior Project Architect while at ELS, for The First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley, which had a growing demand and masterplan for a new campus. Geneva Hall, a new 40,000 sf educational building was added along with a relocated and re-used Historic McKinley Hall with two new levels of underground parking. The intent was to increase the educational components on campus, along with counseling services and other church functions. Old McKinley School Annex, a brown-shingle 1906 structure is a 10,000 sf wood framed building was lifted and rotated 180 degrees to engage the Central Plaza Courtyard. Church officials initially contemplated demolishing this structure but together the project team worked a way to save and incorporate it into a new master plan.
Stay tuned for project photographs... coming soon!